Monday, November 21, 2011

秋になるとwe throw a dinner party




Of the many things that I have a passion for, more and more I am beginning to realize that hosting and cooking for groups of people is certainly one of them. This is why a certain Beach City Girl and I should start our own business. But before I get ahead of myself, the weekend of November 11th finally arrived, and with it came the fun and joy of doing just what my heart desired- I decided to throw a dinner party with my roommates and our friends.


One of the great things about living with international students, is being blessed with their abilities to cook traditional foods from their countries. My housemates Akane and Echo made dumplings traditional to Japan and China, and homemade Chinese fried rice with prawns. Needless to say it was absolutely delicious. Our menu grew with addition of a fall vegetable stew, cornbread, and  pumpkin bread with cream cheese for dessert alongside godly vanilla roasted pears.


We even had our own little table set up for the festive evening.

We must have cooked for hours. It was extremely fun, and something I've always wanted to do since living on campus here at State: Family Dinner. Everyone had big smiles of accomplishment at how great the food both looked at tasted. Our friends from the building beside us also arrived with appetizers. We enjoyed each others company just as hoped, ushering in the fall season.

This was truly a great way to start off the month of November, as the weater is getting cooler and the rain is starting to greet the grey city more frequently. To gather around warm foods filled with comfort in a cozy environment, and enjoy a meal together, this is the meaning of community. And that can be hard to find in the city of San Francisco. Though our meal was early, in a way, we wished each other a happy Thanksgiving in those hours.











No comments:

Post a Comment